Dry Ice shipments with Impact Express
Dry ice is used as a refrigerant for specific items e.g perishable goods. As long as the dry ice is not chilling dangerous goods. We advise you give us a call on 01753 683700 and we will help you get your shipment ready and offer a quote.
How to prepare dry ice shipments
1) The package
- Dry ice releases carbon dioxide gas which can build up enough pressure to rupture packaging. You must ensure the packaging you use allows the release of this pressure. Do not use steel drums or jerricans as outer packaging, and do not place dry ice within sealed plastic bags.
- Use good quality fiberboard (corrogated cardboard), plastic or wooden boxes.
- A layer of styrofoam within a box works well as insulation.
- The maximum amount of dry ice per package is 200 kg. Exceptions: Overpacks containing dry ice and shipments which meet Special Provision A151.
2) The labels and markings
- Package markings required: dry ice note, full shipping name, dry ice label, hazard label or Class 9 label.
- UN 1845 c. The net quantity of dry ice in the package or overpack, in kilograms (1 kg = 2 lb).
- Shipper name, address and recipient to be durably marked with a marker pen
- Please note the Impact Express electronic shipping label has this information pre-printed on it
- Do not write in the diamond border of the label
- Labels can be attached using strong tags
How much will my dry ice shipment cost?
Dry ice shipments prices based on:
- The parcel weight in kg
- The parcels dimensions in cm (length x width x height)
- Delivery postcode
Will I be able to track my dry ice shipment?
Tracking is available via our online portal, call Impact HQ for shipment queries.
*If you would like a quote directly please contact us and quote the above information.